by Joanna Orland
I love Michael Cera. There is nothing that can happen to change that for the time being. Even this film Nick & Norah’s Infinite Playlist. Michael Cera is playing Michael Cera and that is most enjoyable. Forget the loose plot, superficial two-dimensional characters and random token sex perversion, Michael Cera is awesome.
The top ten things I like best about Michael Cera are:
10. He’s a local boy. Hometown not far from my own of Toronto.
9. Arrested Development is one of the greatest television comedies of our generation, and he is a great contributor to that fact.
8. He always looks terrified in front of the camera. After all these years of pro acting, you’d think he’d loosen up a bit. Charming.
7. His voice hasn’t cracked yet. And probably never will.
6. The kid’s only 21 years old and already a mega star comedian.
5. His first role was an unpaid appearance in a Tim Hortons summer camp commercial. For non-Canadians, Tim Hortons is a legendary DONUT chain. Think the McDonalds of donuts. Mmm..
3. 1:07: “you guys step on my heart every day!”
2. He’s so purdy.
1. He just MAKES ME LAUGH!
Anyway, if you feel the same way about Michael Cera that I do, then you shall enjoy this film. But if you don’t, then don’t bother. We’re giving away a few copies so try before you buy a la Loose Lips Contests.